Swadeshi Sapthah Program
First day : Speaker : Sridhara Murhy ji, Retired Teacher, Rashtrotthana High school. Murthy ji spoke on the topic ‘Bharathiya Kutumba Paddathi'.
- Importance of family system in India and Joint family.
- Hindu way of life such as visiting Mandir, chanting shlokas, respecting elders,
- ‘Athithi Devobhava'.
- Taking food together and guest hospitality.
Second day : Speaker : Dr. Ajay, Dentist spoke on "Plants worshiped in India. Why ?" .
- Role of plants in our life, purpose of worship.
- Importance of plants in life such as; Neem and Tulasi use as medicine for viral and bacterial diseases.
- Herbal medicine which have no side effects for health.
Third Day : Speaker Dr. Karibasappa , surgeon. Spoke on the topic ‘ Indian way of living".
- Importance of prayer, pranayama.
- ‘Annam Bramha'.
- Indian way of life.
- Three take home messages : 1) Never eat packed food items. 2) Never sleep after 5 a m. 3) Respect elders, parents and Teachers.
Fourth day : Dr. Vinay Simha ji, Correspondent, Rashtrotthana Vidya Kendra CBSE spoke on the topic " Science and Technology".
- Contributions of Indian to science centuries ago.
- Charaka Samhitha, biotechnology.
- Informed students not to misuse science to harm instead to be used for upliftment of mankind.
- Interaction cum question and answer session. Students participated clarified their doubts.
- Indian Fine Art.
- Evolution of art.
- Contributions of Indian artist to fine Art such as Ravivarma, K K Hebbar.
- Recent development of art in India.
- Character development.
- Personality development.
- Home -first school; mother- first teacher at home.