- To officially represent all the students in the school.
- To identify and help to solve problems encountered by students in the school.
- To promote and encourage the involvement of students in organizing school activities.
The success of an institution depends on the leadership of the members governing, thus it is a must to designate people for its smooth running. The student's from class 4 to 10 of Rashtrotthana Vidya Kendra, Thanisandra elected its Captains & Vice Captains in a democratic manner by casting their votes for the nominated candidate on 6th of June 2015.
Pratigna Sweekar Samarambh was administered for the elected candidates on 11th of June 2014. The dignitaries present for the occasion were Correspondent Sri Maheshwaraiah and Pradhanacharya Smt Manjula. The badges to the respective Captains & Vice Captains were presented by Correspondent Sri Maheshwaraiah who in his speech spoke about the qualities of a good leader by giving real life experiences. He urged the elected members to work for the well being of the students. The oath was administered by Pradhanacharya Smt Manjula.
School Cabinet Members For The Academic Year 2015-2016
| School Captain || Master Ashish G Hallur, Class X |
| School Vice-Captain || Master Adithya K L, Class IX |
| Sports Captain || Kum. Kopparapu Sai Sri Prakhya, Class X |
| Health & Hygiene Captain || Master Nischint Shresta Nijaguna, Class X |
| Cultural Captain || Master Ashwin K Nair, Class X |
| Discipline Captain || Kum. Aparna Gangaraju, Class X |
Responsibilities Of The Student Council
- To inform students about any subject that concerns them.
- To consult students on any issue of importance.
- To organize financial campaigns for school life and charitable activities.
- To organize educational and recreational activities for students.
- To participate in developing the school's educational projects and to promote it.
- To organize an activity to recognize the efforts of students involved in organizing school activities.
- To propose activities to the school administration that would improve the quality of life in the school.
- To maintain good relations out of mutual respect with the school staff (the Principal, teaching and non-teaching personnel) and parents.
- To have fun!